What runs where?
This is an attempt to summarize what services runs where at Stacken.
Some information listed below might be outdated.
- this file
- Built from source in
www/src/content/computing/whatrunswhere.xml, in the Stacken CVS repository
- Vldb servers run on milko, hot and fishburger
- Fileservers as displayed here.
- anoncvs for OpenBSD
- Runs on anoncvs, with the name anoncvs.se.openbsd.org pointing to it.
- anoncvs for Stacken src repository and Passepartout
- Also on anoncvs.
- AFS backup is handled by PDC. Contact staff if you need files rescued
- mr-squid (aka konsnoll) is the console server for server machines
- On ns (aka sill). The configuration is in /afs/stacken.kth.se/admin/domain/.
- kulthea, alex and brighteyes run MUD servers
- karelin, anastaisa and natasha run CounterStrike servers
- murmansk is somehow involved also
- hardware emulation
- PDP/11 emulation on elvira. TOPS emulation on tapas.
- ipv6 tunnel
- lucy runs GIF tunnel endpoints
- fluffy is the kerberos primary
- gromit is the kerberos secondary.
- sous-vide (virtual on teller-ulam) runs a LysKOM server. Started and nanny:ed by lyskom's cron file.
- ivy-king (virtual on teller-ulam)
- haagen-dazs was the web server
- ben-and-jerrys is the new web server
- brev is the main MX and POP server for Stacken
- imap runs IMAP for interested users
- tapas runs the mailman server.
- stroganov performs some mail magic.
- vingummi will in the fullness of time run all mail functions.
- The user auto's crontab on discoboll. Includes network, afs health, weblogs and other kind of measures.
- Some web statistics are part of the stacken web build.
- Runs from the user mirror's crontab on discoboll.
- kvantitet is the printer in the terminal room. It speaks PostScript and FTP
- kvalitet is the other printer in the terminal room. It speaks PostScript and FTP
- On discoboll.
- gustavskorv is the main shell machine
- tapas is a shell machine that runs FreeBSD
- On sql.stacken.kth.se (currently igloo) as mysql daemon,
/usr/local/etc/rc.das normal for the FreeBSD mysql port. To get your own database, talk with Levitte.
- Request Tracker
RT runs on
chocoant, which is a virtual machine on
- igloo is the main web server. The daemon is started from
/usr/local/etc/rc.das normal for the FreeBSD apache port. The content for www.stacken.kth.se is updated from cron, as the user www on igloo. '
- cookie will inherit the web 'soon'
- Alex runs the webserver for AlexMUD
- Olga runs lekstugan.net
- Tiramisu runs www.d.kth.se